We are pleased to announce the formation of an External Advisory Board. Comprised of leading scholars and industry experts, it will provide guidance on scientific and strategic matters as the project continues to develop.
The board, consisted of top-tier experts in high performance computing and CloudLightning application domains, includes:
- Jesus Carretero, Professor of Computing, University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain
- Dieter Kranzmueller, Professor, Ludwig Maximillians Universitat Munchen, Germany
- Michaela Blott, Engineering Director, Xilinx, Ireland
- Mary Wheeler, Director, Center for Subsurface Modelling, University of Texas, USA
- Victor Gonzalez, CEO, Next Limit Technologies, Spain
- Aidan Gallagher, Chairman, Rendicity, Ireland
- Robert Jenkins, CEO, CloudSigma, Switzerland
- Alison Kennedy, Executive Director, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre (EPCC), Scotland
- Brian Boyle, Network Services Manager, HEAnet, Ireland
- Dan Marinescu, Professor, University of Central Florida, USA
- Ronan Dalton, Cloud Advisor, IBM, UK
- Denis Condon, Technology Strategist, Microsoft, Ireland
CloudLightning’s initial focus is on technical and scientific users in the following domains: oil and gas exploration, genomics and ray tracing. The Advisory Board brings together a distinctive group of academia and industry professionals from the three areas, as well as representatives of the wider stakeholder community, including SMEs and Multinational Companies. They will play a vital role in bringing in operational expertise and providing insights on use cases and exploitation to ensure CloudLightning’s ongoing success.