The ongoing adoption of Cloud Computing has lead to an increase in the level of complexity of the existing services and inherently new challenges for companies willing to migrate in order to benefit from this new paradigm. Due to this evolving complexity of heterogeneous clouds, new approaches based on the principles of self-management and self-organization are foreseen, such that one can limit the burden of low-level service management (such as provisioning, scheduling, optimization, orchestration etc.), and offer rather a high-level approach with increased accessibility to heterogeneous resources, and reduced effort for development, deployment or optimization.
The aim of SOSeMC is to contribute to the interaction and exchange of ideas among members of the international research community. It will cover a challenging range of topics including, but not necessarily limited to:
- Self-organizing and self-managing of heterogeneous clouds
- Applications and case studies of end-to-end implementation of cloud management systems
- Self-management and organization under some physical assumptions
- Support for heterogeneous resources in cloud, resource characterization
- Self-optimization of clouds
- Big data placement, scheduling and optimization
- Large-scale big data workflow management
- Dynamic resource allocation on demand
- Novel Cloud Architectures, Infrastructures and Workflows
- Anomaly detection and monitoring in cloud environments
- Data-intensive applications
Submissions deadline: March 15, 2017
Notification: April 15, 2017
Final version: April 28, 2017
Workshop date: July 19-22, 2017
Submissions should not exceed 6 pages and must present original unpublished work which is not submitted elsewhere. They should be written in English and formatted according to the IEEE guidelines for conference proceedings (http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html).
Please submit your papers using the EasyChair conference management system at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sosemc2017
All submissions will undergo a peer-reviewing process.The proceedings of all ICAC workshops will be published by IEEE Computer Society Press and made available as a part of the IEEE digital library. In addition, papers will be part of the conference proceedings.